Siliguri is a city located in the Indian state of West Bengal, and it is known for being a gateway to the northeastern region of India. If you are planning to visit Siliguri, there are a number of interesting places that you can visit. Here are some of the best places to visit in Siliguri:
- ISKCON Temple: The ISKCON Temple, also known as the Sri Sri Radha Madhav Temple, is a beautiful and serene place to visit in Siliguri. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is a popular place of worship for Hindus. The temple is also a great place to learn about Hindu culture and traditions.
- Salugara Monastery: The Salugara Monastery is a beautiful Tibetan Buddhist monastery located in Siliguri. The monastery is home to a large number of Tibetan refugees and is a great place to learn about Tibetan culture and Buddhism.
- Sevoke Coronation Bridge: The Sevoke Coronation Bridge, also known as the Coronation Bridge, is a beautiful bridge that spans the Teesta River in Siliguri. The bridge is a popular tourist attraction and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary: The Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary is a beautiful wildlife reserve located in Siliguri. The sanctuary is home to a wide variety of animals, including tigers, elephants, and deer. It is a great place to go for a nature walk and observe wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Khudiram Bose Memorial: The Khudiram Bose Memorial is a memorial dedicated to Khudiram Bose, a freedom fighter who played a significant role in India’s independence movement. The memorial is a great place to learn about India’s history and the struggle for independence.
Overall, Siliguri is a beautiful city with a lot of interesting places to visit. Whether you are interested in religion, nature, history, or culture, there is something for everyone in Siliguri.