Siliguri is a city located in the Darjeeling district of West Bengal, India. It is a bustling commercial hub and a gateway to several popular tourist destinations in the region. However, not many people are aware of the least crowded tourist spots in Siliguri that are equally enchanting and worth a visit. In this article, we will explore some of the hidden gems of Siliguri that offer a peaceful escape from the crowd.
- Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary: Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary is a natural paradise located on the foothills of the Himalayas. The sanctuary is home to several exotic species of flora and fauna and is a great place for nature enthusiasts and bird watchers. The sanctuary also offers several trekking trails that are perfect for adventure seekers.
- Coronation Bridge: The Coronation Bridge is a historical landmark located on the Teesta River. The bridge was built in 1930 and is named after the coronation of King George V. The bridge offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding landscape and is a popular spot for photography enthusiasts.
- Kali Mandir: Kali Mandir is a beautiful temple dedicated to Goddess Kali. The temple is located on a hilltop and offers panoramic views of Siliguri and the surrounding landscape. The temple is known for its peaceful atmosphere and is a great place for spiritual seekers.
- Salugara Monastery: Salugara Monastery is a Tibetan Buddhist monastery located on the outskirts of Siliguri. The monastery is known for its vibrant colors and intricate designs and is a great place to learn about Tibetan culture and tradition. The monastery also offers meditation classes for those seeking inner peace.
- Surya Sen Park: Surya Sen Park is a beautiful park located in the heart of Siliguri. The park is known for its lush greenery and well-maintained gardens and is a great place to relax and unwind. The park also offers several recreational facilities such as a children’s play area, boating, and a mini zoo.
In conclusion, Siliguri has several hidden treasures that offer a peaceful escape from the crowd. From natural sanctuaries to historical landmarks, there is something for everyone in Siliguri. So, the next time you plan a trip to Siliguri, make sure to visit these least crowded tourist spots and enjoy a serene and tranquil vacation.