Darjeeling and Siliguri are both located in the state of West Bengal, in northeastern India. They are both popular tourist destinations, known for their natural beauty and cultural attractions.
Some of the best places to visit in Darjeeling include:
- Tiger Hill – a popular viewpoint from where you can see stunning views of the Himalayas, including Mount Kanchenjunga
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park – a popular tourist spot that is home to a variety of animals, including snow leopards, red pandas, and Tibetan wolves
- Darjeeling Mall – a bustling commercial center that is a great place to shop for souvenirs and local handicrafts
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute – a museum that features exhibits on the history of mountaineering in the region
- Darjeeling Toy Train – a narrow-gauge railway that offers scenic rides through the hills surrounding Darjeeling
Some of the best places to visit in Siliguri include:
- ISKCON Temple – a beautiful temple that is a popular place of worship for Hindus
- Salugara Monastery – a Tibetan Buddhist monastery that is home to a large number of monks and offers visitors a chance to learn about Tibetan Buddhism and culture
- Coronation Bridge – a popular spot for sightseeing, with views of the Teesta River and the surrounding landscape
- Sevoke Kali Mandir – a Hindu temple that is a popular place of pilgrimage for Hindus
- Madhuban Park – a beautiful park that is a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the region.